– New book out – Seven Ways to Build Resilience, written by one of our trainers, Dr Chris Johnstone. This maps out the seven ways framework we use in our online course.
– It is still possible to join the recorded version of the Resilience Practitioner Training for Doctors that we ran last year.
– Our colleague Professor David Peters is running a residential resilience training for GPs in Wiltshire, June 10th – 11th.
Doctors tend to be highly resilient; we need to be with the pressures we face.
Yet even if we cope well most of the time, we may not always be as resilient as we’d like. Research identifies doctors as a high-risk group for stress-related harm and also shows the pressures we’re facing are increasing. We can find ourselves overwhelmed by increasing demands or exhausted and dipping in our mood, morale or energy.
The good news is that the last twenty years has seen breakthroughs in our scientific understanding of what helps resilience grow. Research has also shown that resilience training helps protect against the risk of depression, anxiety and stress related harm, while also strengthening our capacity to address challenges. That’s why we’ve set up this website and our online resilience training for doctors.
While we’re currently working on a new edited version of our Resilience for Doctors online course, and plan to have this out by September 2019, it is still possible to join the recorded version of last year’s course.
The course involves
- a series of eight recorded webinars, each an hour long, each of the first seven webinars focussing on one of the Seven Ways to Build Resilience described by Dr Chris Johnstone in his book of the same name. The final webinar looks back at the ground covered and explores next steps.
- an online resource hosting recordings of webinars (so easy to catch up if you miss any of the live events), plus additional video resources, handouts and a discussion forum. You have long-term access to this online resource (we guarantee at least a year, but it likely to be available much longer).
Interested? You can find out more on our RESILIENCE FOR DOCTORS COURSE 2018 page
Would you prefer a shorter course for yourself or your patients?
ResilienceforDoctors.com is run in partnership by Dr Chris Johnstone (a resilience specialist and online educator who trained as a GP and then worked in mental health for many years) and Dr Simon Wade (a practising GP who set up and runs WebinarsForGPs.com, an online training service for GPs). Our advisory panel includes Professor David Peters of the Centre for Resilience at the University of Westminster. David also has a background as a GP before making resilience training his main work.